As someone who is so obviously on the cutting edge of blogging, it makes perfect sense that I would share my winter goals with y’all almost 4 weeks after winter has actually started.
They may not be blogged, but they’re in my head ok.
Continue to reduce waste // This goal is continued from Fall. It started with reducing waste in my car and I think my next goal will be to reduce waste in the kitchen. Cut down on the use of paper towels, paper napkins, and paper plates, while keeping up with the progress I’ve made in my car.
Take a trip // Okay, full disclosure. This is an easy one because we already have a trip planned. Muahahaha. Heading off to New Orleans with my husband soon!
Have dinner together at the table once a week // Sort of a tricky one because Paul gets home after Stevie and I eat dinner. So we will have to make it a point to do at least one meal at the table during the weekend. Or wait until 7:30 to eat?? No, sorry babe. Can’t do it. Weekends it is.
January burpee challenge // We are going strong with this one. On January 1st, we started with 5 burpees and we’ve increased by increments of 5 each day. So today we got up to 50, and by the end of the month, we’ll be doing like 155. In one day?! We break it up throughout the day, but it still sounds hard. And we’re plotting how we’ll get them done while we’re on our vacation… I don’t know why we started this.
Learn to use my serger // Yes! My dear sweet beloved husband surprised me with a serger for Christmas! I’ve been watching YouTube tutorials like a crazy person, so I figured today was as good a day to start as any! But it did NOT go well. I tried out a pattern for the first time and zipped through it on the serger, but the dress I made turned out waaaay too small. So we’ll chalk it up to part of the learning experience, eh.
Set some biz goals // I’ve never been someone with real life career goals. Growing up, I just knew I wanted to be a mom. (Well I originally wanted to be a vet, but I’m allergic to like ALL the animals. So motherhood is what I settled on.) I have had plenty of jobs throughout the years, and developed many skills, but I wasn’t all that concerned about the long term.
But now I’m at a point in my life where I’ve been dabbling in photography and dabbling in the blogging/instagram world for a couple years, as well as virtual assisting, learning to sew, and dreaming of YouTubing. But the trouble is there’s just no time to do it all without feeling like I’m going a tiny bit nuts.
So I’d love to hone in on just one project and really go all in with it, instead of being so overwhelmed doing a bunch of different, random things. I’m just not quite sure how to decide. But I feel I’ll never be satisfied until I make this decision and put my heart into something for real. So my short term winter goal is to weigh the pros and cons and settle on something. That’s it. Just pick one. No life changes, no major hustling, just decide.
Alrighty then! Moving on.
While my winter goals have more of a time line and end result, I’m looking at my New Year’s resolutions less as measurable goals and more as friendly reminders to myself. Simple ideas that I want to carry with me day to day, as I seek the feelings of simplicity and peace.
I want to be nicer to myself. My inner critic is too mean.
I want to try and approach things in a more lighthearted manner.
I want to be present, especially with Paul and Stevie — which means I have to slow down sometimes. Set down the phone. Close the laptop. Let it be. Quiet my thoughts and truly listen to them.
I want to save my money and travel. Less things, more experiences. Travel with friends and family, but also go places completely alone.
I want to be more aggressive with therapy and treatments for Stevie so he can make more developmental progress this year. It’s difficult to know how much to push him in certain areas, but we’ll just work on things slowly and consistently.
I want to go on more dates. With my husband AND my girlfriends. I want to give time to the people who are important to us. This includes sending birthday cards, FaceTime calls, and texts to long distance VIPs.
I want to be more intentional about taking care of my body without becoming obsessive about it. I’ll eat well 80% of the time, so I can cheat and have fun the other 20% of the time. I want to continue to work out regularly, but besides that, I eventually really want to learn to appreciate and love my body, regardless of how it looks. Even if I gained 20 pounds, I want to feel good about it, instead of feeling disgusted or disappointed. It’s more of a mental thing than a physical one. Positive thinking.
And now it’s your turn.
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? What are some of your goals for 2018? How ya doing so far?